The Instrument Technician will be responsible to take job orders for maintenance services and overhauls of all Instrumentation & Control equipment and related systems like Compressors, pumps, generators, tanks system, and any rotating or static equipment located in the Terminal. In addition, to ensure maintenance activities are carried out as planned within the preset time, high quality and as per HSE standards in order to maintain high reliability & availability of Instrument equipment.
The position will act in accordance with the Group’s Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Omani’s government & other legal justification’s, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Perform all Instrumentation activities role in Tank Terminal Industry & Duqm Petrochemical Terminal.
- Ensure adherence to the company’s HSE rules & regulations.
- Signatory for Permit to Work activities within area of responsibility as licensed and advised by Supervisor.
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness and standards in all daily duties and tasks and guide the subordinate staff on safe working practices.
- Maintain the technical integrity of the integrated operation systems – to ensure that maintenance of operation facilities and equipment are effectively undertaken.
- Support the sustainability of daily planning and reporting.
- Ensure total asset integrity, reliability/availability are well maintained and work is executed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Execute Field Maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule/plan.
- Take part in commissioning of new equipment.
- Report to Instrument supervisor on status of daily activities and work progress.
- Assist Instrument supervisor to control and plan work activities.
- Interface with other maintenance/service department staff to coordinate breakdown or routine maintenance work on facilities and plants.
- Prepares schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits, and systems.
- Update, maintain records, generate reports related to maintenance work, maintain a master list of drawings, calibrate/test tools, and test equipment, in order to ensure plant reliability.
- Check the proper and safe operation of machines by evaluating the running parameters, troubleshoot control system problems as they arise, and coordinate with the Instrument supervisor for logic modification as per requirement.
- Full utilization of the use of SAP software to manage the day-to-day planning and scheduling of maintenance activities, ensuring quality control of the work is done and accomplished successfully.
- Maintain inventory of spares for the year by using SAP software, and initiate procurement in order to ensure their availability during overhauls and emergency maintenance and thereby ensuring the quality and timely completion of work. To follow up on spares availability. To inspect materials/spares newly purchased at stores.
- Related Assignments: Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
|Key interactionsInternal: Panel Operator, Field Operator, SAP Technical Preventive and corrective (PM / CM) , SCM, Oil Accounting, Maintenance Department.External: 3rd party contractors,|
|Notable Working Conditions. Field Operations and office environment, Moderate to intensive computer screen use.|
|Education requirements||Diploma in Instrumentation and Control Engineering or equivalent.|
|Language requirements||Excellent knowledge of written, read, and spoken English (required) , Arabic – Native (desirable)|
Background and experience
- At least 5 – 7 years experience in Instrumentation and Control Maintenance activities preferably at Oil and Gas Industry
- Background in Instrumentation maintenance best practices.
- Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge in engineering principles and basic calculations
- Competent in computer applications for engineering and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint… )
Competencies and skills
- Proficient in computers, particularly Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of office software applications and planning tools.
- Self-motivated and dependable, demonstrating strong initiative.
- Know and manage own emotions, strengths, and weaknesses